- This policy covers how IHRSA treats personal information that IHRSA collects and receives, including information related to your past use of IHRSA products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that IHRSA does not own or control, or to people that IHRSA does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- IHRSA collects personal information when you register with IHRSA, when you use IHRSA products or services, when you visit IHRSA pages or the pages of certain IHRSA partners, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. IHRSA may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, club name, mailing address, zip code, website, and reasons for joining. Once you register with IHRSA and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- IHRSA automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie information, and the page you request.
- IHRSA uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- IHRSA does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with IHRSA under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help IHRSA communicate with you about offers from IHRSA and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- IHRSA works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business.
- IHRSA may set and access IHRSA cookies on your computer.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- You can edit your IHRSA Account Information, including your marketing preferences, at any time.
- New categories of marketing communications may be added to the Marketing Preferences page from time to time. Users who visit this page can opt out of receiving future marketing communications from these new categories or they can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages they receive.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the IHRSA service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the IHRSA Newsletter, that are considered part of your IHRSA membership, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
- IHRSA may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your IHRSA membership or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
If you have questions or suggestions, please complete a feedback form or you can contact us at:
IHRSA, International Health, Racquet and Sportsclub Association
70 Fargo Street
Boston, MA 02210
phone:800-228-4772 or 617-951-0055
Effective Date: March 8, 2012